McCulloch Stadium

Facilities for football and track and field are located two blocks south of campus at McCulloch Stadium in Bush's Pasture Park.

McCulloch Stadium

Directions

Take I-5 Exit 253 and drive west on Mission Ave. From the top of the overpass it is 2.7 miles to the entrance of the park, which is on the left.

History

Charles E. McCulloch donated $50,000 to the school in June 1947 in order to build an athletic complex on 10 acres at what is now Bush's Pasture Park. At the time, McCulloch was president of the university's board of trustees.The proposed stadium was to have seating for 3,500 in a concrete grandstand, plus a baseball diamond, track, and practice field for the football team. Construction began in March 1950 with it planned to be completed in time for that year's football season. It was also announced the stadium would be named for Charles E. McCulloch and have a total capacity of 7,000.

On October 14, 1950, a dedication ceremony was held with school president G. Herbert Smith and Oregon governor Douglas McKay on hand to welcome Hawaii and honor the 1941 Willamette team that was stranded in Hawaii after the attack on Pearl Harbor.
The New York Giants football team held their first scrimmage of the 1958 season at the stadium on July 31.

Ogdahl Field

Ted Ogdahl Field

McCulloch Stadium went through a major renovation in 1993. After renovations, the field was named Ted Ogdahl Field in honor of the former coach while the locker rooms were dedicated in the honor of Jeff Knox.

Recent upgrades at the stadium include a new FieldTurf playing surface installed in the summer of 2013.

Charles Bowles Track

Chales Bowles Track

The track was resurfaced during the summer of 2013. Included in the project was a completely revamped jumps area, expanded drainage and embedded RFID antennas fro chip timing. The Track and Field team hosts a number competitions each spring. Each fall, the cross country team hosts the annual Charles Bowles Invitational which finishes on the track.